2.8.05

Mano e mono

Nope. You sure didn't read that post title wrong. It's all about a man and his mono.

And let me tell you, it sure does suck. You don't have any energy to begin with. And, if by chance your sleep and diet all line up super well and you do gain a tiny little ounce of energy to do something with, you can't use it. You are allowed no 'contact' activity. You are allowed no strenuous activity. And you are allowed to do no heavy lifting.

What 'contact' activity means is that you can't do anything that could cause anyone to run into you. So for me, no soccer... Which is about the worst thing ever. Why is it such a worry that someone will run into you? Because, if they hit you hard enough you are at risk of rupturing your spleen. For some reason, this is thought to be bad...

Basically what the rest of it means is you can do nothing that requires you to breathe. And if you think I'm joking... If I forget and run up the stairs too quickly, I get short-of-breath and tired and feel generally like crap. Well, generally I feel like crap anyways, so that's not saying a lot.

If you want further proof of how this is totally debilitating to me, think about this. I generally go to bed at 11 now. This in itself should have prompted you to fall backwards out of your house. Not just your chair, your house. But, if for some reason it didn't, here's the rest of the great news. After going to sleep early, I don't get out of bed until about 11. Or 12. Then, I proceed to get online or just lay around my house for a while.

At the end of this 'while', I try to go to bed again. At least I like to. This while usually ends about 3, but has been known to last until 4. My nap usually takes me until 6, when I get up for dinner.
And what do I do while I'm eating, and until I work up the strength to return to my computer? I watch tv. So if you weren't already in a catatonic shock, you should be now. Lots and lots of sleep, and I'm watching tv. Something is horribly wrong.

So, if none of you respond to this post because you are sure that someone has taken me over and I'm no longer really Shane, I'll understand. In the future, I will really be me and you can feel free to treat this blog as you normally would. Hopefully, by the 10th (my date to go back in to see the doctor) I will be back to my normal self.

I really, really really hope that.

Really.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Hey, sorry to hear that you have mono. That sucks. But, at least you didn't get it when you were in school, then you really couldn't play soccer. By the way, when do you leave for school? Check out my blog, some crazy things have happened in the past week.
~J-Boo

7:22 AM  
Blogger Emily! said...

Geez, Shane, I can't believe how lazy you are! haha, Just kidding. I'm sorry you can't do like anything at all. I'm sure it's driving you way more crazy than you're saying.

8:27 PM  
Blogger incurable optimist said...

OK, so instead of you refusing it to be morning, you have to accept that it's already afternoon.
It's like something out of the twilight zone...

3:26 PM  
Blogger Foolish Thing Nine said...

LOL Bets, what am I going to do next year? I will have to meet each new day with a smile and I won't ever be able to deny that I'm there! I'll go insane!

And Dustin, I wasn't saying that there is anything wrong with laying around and doing nothing all day. Just that it is very anti-me and about the worst possible thing that I could be doing... Basically, that I HATE it.

7:52 PM  
Blogger incurable optimist said...

How's this, Shane, I can just email you a "good morning" every once in a while?

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Timeshare holiday beach resort destin fl

3:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home