11.5.05

In honor of Nathan

Props to Nathan Eilert for showing me the value of a nap.

So the last two weeks of my career at CP-LS have sucked/are sucking/will suck. Calc, Ancient Lit, Great Ideas, English, Music History, Chem... What was I thining when I signed up for my classes? My week has consisted of getting up, going to school, coming home and working on homework (time that could be shortened if I'd do it without being on IM...). But that's like been my whole week.

Well yesterday I went out and kicked a soccerball around because I needed to vent some stress before I started my homework. Since it was like 90 degrees, I basically dehydrated myself in 44 minutes even though over the course of the night I drank 4 water bottles, plus whatever I had with dinner.

So today I was still a little dehydrated and totally lacking any energy from about 1:20 on. I got home and didn't want to start my homework yet (and thankfully didn't have to, all I had was Chem and all I have is a GI outline). So I grab my book (The Dragon Reborn, yes I read fantasy!) and read on my front porch and eat a piece of apple pie. Well I came in after a couple chapters and went up to my bed and fell asleep.

The next thing I know my mom is calling and telling me to start dinner. So I go down and start the water and return to my nap...

All told I got a solid 90 minutes of sleep. I woke up, ate dinner, and went to church and now it's 10:15 and I'm not even tired yet.

What was I thinking, all those years, only sleeping at night? I'm totally refreshed and ready to tackle some Great Ideas, and then a whole new day tomorrow!

Haha, yeah right...

8 Comments:

Blogger Emily! said...

Naps are pretty cool. Maybe if you would get more sleep at night, you wouldn't need naps... geez, what have I been telling you for years? haha

5:24 PM  
Blogger eyes.like.sapphires said...

... and yet no matter how many times we tell you... i'm sure you don't listen lol... i'm glad you finally learned that some sleep can be a good thing lol

7:53 PM  
Blogger incurable optimist said...

Yes, but then what if the nap refreshes you so much that when your are ready to sleep the whole night through, you can't fall asleep!?

5:32 PM  
Blogger incurable optimist said...

Arielle, you are so helpful.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Foolish Thing Nine said...

9:30? The last time I went to bed at 9:30 it was 9:30 AM....

3:36 PM  
Blogger incurable optimist said...

Well, I stay up later more often, now, and I'm planning on getting a whole lot less sleep this summer!

2:00 PM  
Blogger incurable optimist said...

whatever happened to you supporting me!? What happened to BPSTF? And I don't mean the food one cause that is still happening.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home